Fabco Industries Hydrocarbon Water Quality Stormwater Solutions
At Fabco Industries, we know that finding the right solution isn’t always easy, but we’re here to help! This page will take you through various problems people face every day when it comes to hydrocarbons in our stormwater, and offer an appropriate solution for their needs. From simple storm drains in parking lots, to roof runoff, we aim to find a cost effective and competitive stormwater solution to every issue. All of our hydrocarbon water quality stormwater solutions utilize our patented FabMax filter media for the most effective solution.
See below for hydrocarbon water quality stormwater solutions fit for grated/curb inlet storm drains, roof runoff, pipes, trenches, flumes, and centralized precast vaults.
FabMax Hydrocarbon Stormwater Treatment Technology and Filter Cartridge
FabMax is a patented polymeric surfactant technology, designed as a hydrocarbon stormwater filter treatment to remove hydrocarbons ranging from BTEX to crude oil, sheen, chlorinated solvents, PCBs, organic solvents, pesticides & biocides, and organically bound metals from wastewater. FabMax can be utilized with our proprietary filter cartridges or oil booms.
Hydrocarbon Water Quality Stormwater Solutions
for Storm Drains (Grated & Curb Inlets)
Grated and curb inlet storm drains are extremely common. From roadways and parking lots, to industrial sites and waste treatment facilities, municipal storm drains are found just about everywhere. We offer multiple hydrocarbon water quality stormwater solutions to fit a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and storm drain types.
Recommended Products for Storm Drain Hydrocarbon Water Quality Stormwater Solutions
StormBasin BMP Cartridge Based Filter
- Full welded aluminum construction suitable for extreme conditions or heavy-duty commercial use.
- Large volume welded aluminum collection basin.
- Custom sizes and filter configurations are available.
- Adjustable slotted frame with 2” of adjustment range lets you adjust the filter size to fit real inlet dimensions and irregularities.
- Propriety cartridge filter technology targets specific pollutants such as hydrocarbons.
- Optional oil boom available.
Additional products to consider below:
Hydrocarbons Water Quality Stormwater Solutions for Roof Runoff
As rainwater runs off roofs, water quality can be affected by roofing material and deposited materials, so it’s incredibly important to make sure this water is being treated, especially with green roofs becoming more popular. When it comes to roof runoff, we offer both above ground and below ground trash and debris stormwater solutions in the form of our DownSpout Filter System.
Recommended Products for Roof Runoff Hydrocarbon Water Quality Stormwater Solutions
DownSpout with StormBasin Cartridge Filter System Configuration
- Available in Above Ground and Below Ground configurations.
- 2 or 3 Cartridge designs provide filter flow rates up to 520 gpm (dependent on cartridge type). Best for sediments, solids and dissolved pollutants such as: metals, bacteria, and nutrients.
- Built in high flow bypass.
- Internal pretreatment debris screen chamber separates and keeps solid materials out of the filter cartridge area.
Hydrocarbon Water Quality Stormwater Solutions for Pipes
Sometimes it may not be feasible to outfit a storm drain with an entire catch basin insert filter. If you’re looking for something simpler, we offer end-of-pipe trash and debris stormwater solutions that can perfectly fit your needs in the form of our Connector Pipe Screen products.
Recommended Products for Hydrocarbon Water Quality Stormwater Solutions in Pipes
Connector Pipe Screen LITE
- Manufactured from perforated, 14 gauge, 304 stainless steel sheets
- Perforations have a 5 millimeter diameter – screen has an open area greater than 50%.
- CPS net open area (when converted to an equivalent pipe diameter) exceeds the actual diameter of the outlet pipe leaving the catch basin – CPS can pass more volume than the outlet pipe it covers.
- Overflow / bypass prevents flooding if screen becomes blocked or covered.
- Oil boom available for treatment of hydrocarbons.
Additional products to consider below:
Hydrocarbon Water Quality Stormwater Solutions for Trenches
Trench drains are often found around urban environments, industrial sites, and large parking lots. Our trench drain filters come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes to fit any trench configuration as trash and debris solutions.
Recommended Product for Hydrocarbon Water Quality Stormwater Solutions in Trenches
Trench Drain Filter
- Modular filter designed to collect solid materials, sediments, trash, debris.
- Oil boom for treating hydrocarbons, and nutrients.
- Available in sizes to fit wide variety of trench drain widths.
- Performs as an effective filtering device at high or low flows.
- Manufactured from perforated, 14 gauge, 304 Stainless Steel sheets, 5mm diameter perforations.
- Debris Shield is hinged for easy access and replacement of the filter media element.
- Overflow / bypass port prevents flooding.
Hydrocarbon Water Quality Stormwater Solutions for Flumes
A flume is an engineered open channel drainage structure designed for moving water from one location to another in the form of an open chute with walls that are raised above the surrounding surfaces. Flumes or conveyance channels will move lots of water with very little slope and allow for the passage of sedimentation and floating debris with little loss in head pressure. The Flume ScreenBox Stormwater Filter is specially designed for use in these situations.
Recommended Product for Hydrocarbon Water Quality Stormwater Solutions in Flumes
Flume ScreenBox Filter System
The Flume ScreenBox Filter System traps solid materials and debris, while allowing runoff water to pass through the filter and exit to the storm drain system. It’s manufactured from welded, high strength 3000/5000 series aluminum for longevity, and features one or more easily maintained filtering bins that provide high treatment flow rates while capturing solid materials, using screens and/or a wire mesh. Flume ScreenBoxes are normally manufactured to customer specifications. When combined with an oil boom or FabMax addon, it becomes the perfect solution for treating hydrocarbons.
Hydrocarbon Water Quality Stormwater Solutions for Centralized Precast Vaults
Centralized treatment vaults are worth considering for those looking to treat large volumes of water at a single location rather than purchasing catch basin inserts for each inlet. Using one of our centralized vault solutions can drastically cut down on costs related to treating a high quantity of inlets, it also greatly simplifies maintenance operations.
Recommended Products for Hydrocarbon Water Quality Stormwater Solutions in Centralized Precast Vaults
Helix Filter System
The Fabco Helix vault is a two-step treatment process that incorporates an inlet chamber used to reduce clogging from sediments and debris, and a secondary treatment chamber that houses Fabco’s Helix filter elements. Coarse pollutants contained in the stormwater runoff is captured upfront – this sediment separator treats water at higher flow rates and can be serviced from the surface level with a Vac truck. The pre-treated water exiting the first chamber will keep the Helix filters cleaner, helping maintain flow rates and effectiveness while minimizing the need for maintenance.
StormSafe Cartridge Based Filter Vault
The StormSafe cartridge based filter vault system are ideal for central drainage areas that require stormwater treatment beyond simple gross pollutants and trash removal. By utilizing the same proven filter technology from the StormBasin product line, the StormSafe Cartridge Vault can reduce concentrations of targeted stormwater pollutants in a cost-effective manner. The StormSafe Cartridge Vault is ideal for parking areas, storage areas and maintenance yards that have high concentrations of heavy metals, and oils & grease loads. The StormSafe Cartridge Vault is a good choice for projects with a treatment flow rate of 3 cubic feet/sec or less.
About Fabco Industries:
Fabco Industries is a leader in stormwater management. We design and manufacture high performance storm water filter systems that are highly effective for various treatment applications including retrofits, new construction and green infrastructure. Our range of cost-effective, durable products are designed to meet increasingly stringent pollution control regulations and best management practices for municipal and commercial stormwater markets.
We offer sustainable, simple-to-maintain filtration solutions to meet virtually any stormwater pollution control challenge. Innovative technology. Proven performance. Unbeatable quality and value. Discover all the reasons why Fabco gives you… Evolved Stormwater Solutions.