Filter Cartridge For Stormwater Management and Treatment
Fabco Stormwater Filter Media Cartridge Technology Designed For Stormwater Filtration With Replaceable Filter Cartridges
Our high flow stormwater filter cartridges are designed to provide effective treatment of stormwater while maintaining high flow rates throughout the life of the cartridge. Filter cartridges are available in various configurations allowing you to fine tune performance in terms of sediments and debris, heavy metals, hydrocarbons/toxic chemicals, pathogens/bacteria and nutrients.
The lightweight filter cartridge comes fully assembled and snaps securely in place with a quick twist. The modular cartridge design allows quick and easy replacement while containing the spent material for safe transport and disposal.
2-Stage High Flow Stormwater Filter Cartridge
Each Fabco filter cartridge is composed of a standard pre-filter section, and a main filter chamber which can be configured to target specific pollutants.
Stormwater Pre-Filter FabGuard Patented
Effective Antimicrobial Solution for Reducing Coliform Bacteria in Stormwater, Industrial and Municipal Wastewater
The pre-filter is manufactured using FABGUARD antimicrobial treated open cell Polymer foam pads. The coarse open cell foam acts as a mechanical pre-filter for the cartridge restricting coarse sediments, trash and debris while allowing mostly water to flow through. Stormwater passing through the complex cellular structure contacts the antimicrobial treated internal walls substantially reducing the growth and passage of pathogens through the cartridge.
Proprietary Stormwater Filtration Treatment Technologies For BMP
Fabco offers 5 high flow stormwater filter configurations (Standard, HV metals, Pathogens/bacteria, HV Hydrocarbons, Nutrients) using a combination of the following treatment technologies:
- FABMAX: This chemical treatment is applied to our open cell polymer foam filtering media. It is hydrophobic and instantly bonds to any hydrocarbons in the water matrix.
- FABSORB: This oil absorbent fabric material is used for treating free and emulsified oils, greases and other hydrocarbon-based compounds. This non-woven, filter can absorb 10 to 20 times its own weight in oil, greases and hydrocarbons.
- FABLITE: This natural mineral compound removes heavy metals as well as low levels of dissolved pollutants like hydrocarbons and other toxic chemicals.
- FABPHOS: This proprietary filtering media treats soluble, ortho-phosphates in stormwater runoff. FABPHOS also is effective in reducing nitrogen compounds thus assisting stormwater managers meet the >40% N reduction required by many states.
- FABGUARD: This antimicrobial shield is a patented chemical technology that when applied to our foam material makes it antimicrobially active. FABGUARD fuses with the material and will not wash out, or leach into the environment. Microorganisms that contact the material are neutralized.
Selecting, Removing and Installing the StormBasin high flow stormwater filter cartridges used in the StormBasin product are designed primarily to capture: floating materials, sediments and suspended solids and emulsified products such as hydrocarbon compounds, dissolved heavy metals, nutrients (P&N) and pathogens (bacteria). Before ordering your cartridges make sure you select the correct type. Each high flow stormwater filter cartridges type can be identified by a colored “Ring” located at the top of the cartridge.
The StormBasin high flow stormwater filter cartridges is a filtration BMP that employs custom-built filtration cartridges to remove fine particulate, hydrocarbons, heavy metals organics and bacteria. The insert combines a gross pollutant trap with filtration technology for effective solid and dissolved pollutant capture.
The proprietary high flow stormwater filter cartridges contain various media to target specific pollutants of concern and are typically replaced annually.
The StormBasin is a high flow stormwater filter cartridges system that employs custom-built filtration cartridges to remove fine particulate, hydrocarbons, heavy metals, organics and bacteria. The insert combines a gross pollutant trap with filtration technology for effective solid and dissolved pollutant capture. The proprietary filter cartridges contain various media to target specific pollutants of concern and are typically replaced annually.
APPLICATION Municipal storm drain retrofits Fuel/oil storage and handling facilities Scrap metal/solid waste/power plants/etc Pre-treatment BMP for new development Coastal/lake beaches, WWTPs Retail/gardens centers REGULATORY ISSUE MS4 Permits EPA SPCC (Spill Control Rule) Industrial Multi-Sector General Permit Municipal Stormwater Permits Bacteria TMDLS Phosphorus/nitrogen/pesticides Diffuser] TARGET POLLUTANTS Sediment, trash, O&G, nutrients Hydrocarbons, oily sediments Solids, hydrocarbons, metals Sediment, O&G, nutrients Bacteria, pathogens Fertilizers, pesticides Open Cell Foam] Media Layers].