The StormBasin is designed to capture and retain stormwater catch basin pollutants namely: sediment, trash, vegetation, nutrients, coliform bacteria, oil/grease and dissolved metals (e.g., lead, copper, cadmium and chromium).
The large sediment and debris catch basin provides ample storage volume for solids carried in stormwater flows – over 8 cubic ft in the 30″ x 48″ size. The catch basin’s design features a “hooded” bypass to reduce the potential for flooding during peak storm events while still retaining sediment and debris. The StormBasin also keeps the captured material dry, simplifying maintenance and reducing disposal costs.
The lightweight filter cartridge comes fully assembled and snaps into place with a quick twist. Filter cartridges are available in various configurations allowing you to fine tune performance by targeting specific pollutants. The modular cartridge design allows quick and easy replacement while containing the spent material for safe transportation and disposal.
- Replaceable filter cartridges can target specific pollutants
- Durable, aluminum frame with large volume injection molded basin
- Covered bypass retains trash during extreme rain events
- Adjustable mounting system, long life, competitively priced and low cost of ownership
The Round StormBasin is a filtration BMP that employs Fabco’s proprietary filitration cartridges to remove fine particulate, hydrocarbons, heavy metals, organics and bacteria. The insert combines a gross pollutant trap with filtration technology for effective solid and dissolved pollutant capture. The sealed, non-serviceable filter cartridges contain various media to target specific pollutants of concern and are typically replaced bi-annually.
The StormBasin is factory sized and assembled prior to shipment.
Designed for Stormwater “hot spots” including:
- Parking Lots
- Transportation Centers/Vehicle Maintenance Facilities
- Gas Stations/Fueling locations
- Industrial Applications
The StormBasin will accept any of the Fabco Filter Cartridge configurations, allowing it to effectively treat any of the major pollutants identified in surface water runoff. The StormPod is available in both round (23″ – 30″ diameter) and square (24″x24″ and 26″x26″) configurations. Installing the StormPod™ takes only a few minutes. Lift the grate cover from the catch basin, place the insert on the frame and replace the cover.
StormBasin is factory-sized and assembled prior to shipment.
- Aluminum/ HDPE plastic shroud pre-cut to 24″, 26″, 28″ or 30″ Round; 24″-26″ Square
- Covered bypass has a flow capacity of >920 gpm while retaining previously captured floatables
- Heavy duty injection molded basin has 1.5ft3 capacity
- Replaceable filter cartridges target specific pollutants
- Perfect for commercial properties, roadways and parking lots
- StormBasin Sizes & Capacities
- Site Survey instructions
- StormBasin-Mounting Flange System
- Nassau County NY, Open Curb Design
- Site Survey Form
- Presentation, Sizing and Survey Instructions
- Presentation Installation: Combination unit
- Tools for Installation Open Curb Application
- Installation -H Style Flange
- Installation Combination Drain-E Style Flange
- Installation Flat Grate No Ribs-A Style Flange
- Installtion for Flat Grate with Ribs-C Style Flange
- Presentation Installation Flat Grate with 4 Ledges
Fabco Filter Cartridge
Our filter cartridges are designed to provide effective treatment of stormwater while maintaining high flow rates throughout the life of the cartridge. Filter cartridges are available in various configurations allowing you to fine tune performance in terms of sediments and debris, heavy metals, hydrocarbons/toxic chemicals, pathogens/bacteria and nutrients. The lightweight filter cartridge comes fully assembled and snaps securely in place with a quick twist. The modular cartridge design allows quick and easy replacement while containing the spent material for safe transport and disposal.
Each Fabco filter cartridge is composed of a standard pre-filter section, and a main filter chamber which can be configured to target specific pollutants.
The pre-filter is manufactured using FABGUARD antimicrobial treated open cell Polymer foam pads. The coarse open cell foam acts as a mechanical pre-filter for the cartridge restricting coarse sediments, trash and debris while allowing mostly water to flow through. Stormwater passing through the complex cellular structure contacts the antimicrobial treated internal walls substantially reducing the growth and passage of pathogens through the cartridge.
Proprietary Treatment Technologies
Fabco offers 5 filtration configurations (Standard, HV metals, Pathogens/bacteria, HV Hydrocarbons, Nutrients) using a combination of the following treatment technologies:
- FABMAX: This chemical treatment is applied to our open cell polymer foam filtering media. It is hydrophobic and instantly bonds to any hydrocarbons in the water matrix.
- FABSORB: This oil absorbent fabric material is used for treating free and emulsified oils, greases and other hydrocarbon-based compounds. This non-woven, filter can absorb 10 to 20 times its own weight in oil, greases and hydrocarbons.
- FABLITE: This natural mineral compound removes heavy metals as well as low levels of dissolved pollutants like hydrocarbons and other toxic chemicals.
- FABPHOS: This proprietary filtering media treats soluble, ortho-phosphates in stormwater runoff. FABPHOS also is effective in reducing nitrogen compounds thus assisting stormwater managers meet the >40% N reduction required by many states.
- FABGUARD: This antimicrobial shield is a patented chemical technology that when applied to our foam material makes it antimicrobially active. FABGUARD fuses with the material and will not wash out, or leach into the environment. Microorganisms that contact the material are neutralized.