StormBasin™ Plus Rectangular
The StormBasin Plus is a catch basin insert filter designed to capture and treat stormwater pollutants such as: sediment, trash/debris, nutrients, coliform bacteria, oil/grease and dissolved metals entering common storm drain inlets such as those you see in parking lots or alongside roadways.
For grated drain inlets, a heavy-duty adjustable aluminum frame supports the StormBasin insert just below the grate allowing the filter to capture all the water entering the inlet – treating at the source. The Plus frame is adjustable up to 5” in both the X & Y directions to provide a rock-solid, tool-less installation in the available clear drain opening. The frame adjustment feature is extremely handy when you want to move the insert away from sub-surface obstacles such as protruding pipes or bricks.
Connected to the frame is a large plastic tub or basin which collects untreated water entering through the grate. This basin provides ample storage volume for solid materials such as sediments and debris which fall out of suspension – over 8 cubic ft of storage volume in a standard 30″ x 48″ StormBasin design. The Fabco Plus series basin features a unique “hooded” bypass to reduce the potential for flooding during peak storm events while still retaining the stored sediment and debris.
The water that collects in the plastic basin is then sent through one or more filter cartridges located on the bottom surface of the plastic basin where the treatment process continues.
Fabco’s proprietary filter Cartridges come fully assembled and snap into place with a quick twist.
Each cartridge provides two stages of filtration:
Stage 1: The top layers of the cartridge, consisting of a coarse open cell foam, works with the open volume of the surrounding collection basin to keep particulate in the basin and out of the cartridge. This maintains cartridge flow rates, extends the life of the cartridge, and facilitates easy cleanout of sediments and debris during maintenance activities.
Stage 2: Once the pretreated water enters the cartridge body it contacts one or more of Fabco’s proprietary filter media products. For example, media can be selected for: Oils/grease + Heavy metals, Nutrients + bacteria, or Sediments + HV oils/ grease to name a few. Treated water exits the bottom of the cartridge and is released into the storm water system
Filter cartridges are available in various configurations allowing you to fine tune performance by targeting specific pollutants. The modular cartridge design allows quick and easy replacement while containing the spent material for safe transportation and disposal.
The lightweight filter cartridge comes fully assembled and snaps into place with a quick twist. Filter cartridges are available in various configurations allowing you to fine tune performance by targeting specific pollutants. The modular cartridge design allows quick and easy replacement while containing the spent material for safe transportation and disposal.
Compare the StormBasin Plus features:
- Durable, non-corrosive, adjustable aluminum mounting system lets you adjust the filter size to fit real inlet dimensions and irregularities.
- Large UV stabilized injection molded basin is built for long life. Its hooded bypass keeps sediments and trash safety stored even during extreme rain events
- Highly effective cartridge-based filters are available in a variety of filter media offerings (Filter Cartridges) allowing you to tailor the StormBasin to treat the pollutants of concern. Very helpful in meeting regulatory TMDL’s.
StormBasin™ BMP Rectangular
The StormBasin BMP is a special model in the StormBasin product line which is specifically designed to fit non-standard storm drain inlets; drain inlets with construction flaws and obstacles such as ledges, shallow depth or other irregularities and in situations where additional cartridges or treatment flow rate is requested.
Compare the StormBasin BMP features:
- The StormBasin BMP features a full, welded aluminum construction suitable for extreme duty or HD commercial use.
- Large volume welded Aluminum collection basin
- Custom sizes and filter configurations are available
- Adjustable, aluminum support system with 2.0” of adjustability (X&Y) lets you adjust the filter size to fit real inlet dimensions and irregularities
- Replaceable filtering cartridges target specific pollutants
The Round StormBasin is a filtration BMP that employs Fabco’s proprietary filitration cartridges to remove fine particulate, hydrocarbons, heavy metals, organics and bacteria. The insert combines a gross pollutant trap with filtration technology for effective solid and dissolved pollutant capture. The sealed, non-serviceable filter cartridges contain various media to target specific pollutants of concern and are typically replaced bi-annually.
The StormBasin is factory sized and assembled prior to shipment.
Designed for Stormwater “hot spots” including:
- Parking Lots
- Transportation Centers/Vehicle Maintenance Facilities
- Gas Stations/Fueling locations
- Industrial Applications
The StormBasin will accept any of the Fabco Filter Cartridge configurations, allowing it to effectively treat any of the major pollutants identified in surface water runoff. The StormPod is available in both round (23″ – 30″ diameter) and square (24″x24″ and 26″x26″) configurations. Installing the StormPod™ takes only a few minutes. Lift the grate cover from the catch basin, place the insert on the frame and replace the cover.
StormBasin is factory-sized and assembled prior to shipment.
- Aluminum/ HDPE plastic shroud pre-cut to 24″, 26″, 28″ or 30″ Round; 24″-26″ Square
- Covered bypass has a flow capacity of >920 gpm while retaining previously captured floatables
- Heavy duty injection molded basin has 1.5ft3 capacity
- Replaceable filter cartridges target specific pollutants
- Perfect for commercial properties, roadways and parking lots
- Sizing, Install/Maint.
- Filter Config.
- StormBasin Plus Drawings
- StormBasin BMP Drawings
- StormBasin Round Drawings
- StormBasin Sizes & Capacities
- Site Survey instructions
- StormBasin-Mounting Flange System
- Nassau County NY, Open Curb Design
- Site Survey Form
- Presentation, Sizing and Survey Instructions
- Presentation Installation: Combination unit
- Tools for Installation Open Curb Application
- Installation -H Style Flange
- Installation Combination Drain-E Style Flange
- Installation Flat Grate No Ribs-A Style Flange
- Installtion for Flat Grate with Ribs-C Style Flange
- Presentation Installation Flat Grate with 4 Ledges
Fabco Filter Cartridge
Our filter cartridges are designed to provide effective treatment of stormwater while maintaining high flow rates throughout the life of the cartridge. Filter cartridges are available in various configurations allowing you to fine tune performance in terms of sediments and debris, heavy metals, hydrocarbons/toxic chemicals, pathogens/bacteria and nutrients. The lightweight filter cartridge comes fully assembled and snaps securely in place with a quick twist. The modular cartridge design allows quick and easy replacement while containing the spent material for safe transport and disposal.
Each Fabco filter cartridge is composed of a standard pre-filter section, and a main filter chamber which can be configured to target specific pollutants.
The pre-filter is manufactured using FABGUARD antimicrobial treated open cell Polymer foam pads. The coarse open cell foam acts as a mechanical pre-filter for the cartridge restricting coarse sediments, trash and debris while allowing mostly water to flow through. Stormwater passing through the complex cellular structure contacts the antimicrobial treated internal walls substantially reducing the growth and passage of pathogens through the cartridge.
Proprietary Treatment Technologies
Fabco offers 5 filtration configurations (Standard, HV metals, Pathogens/bacteria, HV Hydrocarbons, Nutrients) using a combination of the following treatment technologies:
- FABMAX: This chemical treatment is applied to our open cell polymer foam filtering media. It is hydrophobic and instantly bonds to any hydrocarbons in the water matrix.
- FABSORB: This oil absorbent fabric material is used for treating free and emulsified oils, greases and other hydrocarbon-based compounds. This non-woven, filter can absorb 10 to 20 times its own weight in oil, greases and hydrocarbons.
- FABLITE: This natural mineral compound removes heavy metals as well as low levels of dissolved pollutants like hydrocarbons and other toxic chemicals.
- FABPHOS: This proprietary filtering media treats soluble, ortho-phosphates in stormwater runoff. FABPHOS also is effective in reducing nitrogen compounds thus assisting stormwater managers meet the >40% N reduction required by many states.
- FABGUARD: This antimicrobial shield is a patented chemical technology that when applied to our foam material makes it antimicrobially active. FABGUARD fuses with the material and will not wash out, or leach into the environment. Microorganisms that contact the material are neutralized.