Catch Basin Insert
The StormBasin is designed to capture and retain stormwater catch basin pollutants namely: sediment, trash, vegetation, nutrients, coliform bacteria, oil/grease and dissolved metals (e.g., lead, copper, cadmium and chromium).
The large sediment and debris catch basin inserts provide ample storage volume for solids carried in stormwater flows – over 8 cubic ft in the 30″ x 48″ size. The catch basin insert design features a “hooded” bypass to reduce the potential for flooding during peak storm events while still retaining sediment and debris. The StormBasin also keeps the captured material dry, simplifying maintenance and reducing disposal costs.
The lightweight filter cartridge comes fully assembled and snaps into place with a quick twist. Filter cartridges are available in various configurations allowing you to fine tune performance by targeting specific pollutants. The modular cartridge design allows quick and easy replacement while containing the spent material for safe transportation and disposal.
- Replaceable filter cartridges can target specific pollutants
- Durable, aluminum frame with large volume injection molded basin
- Covered bypass retains trash during extreme rain events
- Adjustable mounting system, long life, competitively priced and low cost of ownership
The Round StormBasin catch basin insert is a filtration BMP that employs Fabco’s proprietary filtration cartridges to remove fine particulate, hydrocarbons, heavy metals, organics and bacteria. The insert combines a gross pollutant trap with filtration technology for effective solid and dissolved pollutant capture. The sealed, non-serviceable filter cartridges contain various media to target specific pollutants of concern and are typically replaced bi-annually.
The StormBasin catch basin insert is factory sized and assembled prior to shipment.
Designed for stormwater “hot spots” including:
- Parking Lots
- Transportation Centers/Vehicle Maintenance Facilities
- Gas Stations/Fueling locations
- Industrial Applications
The StormBasin catch basin insert will accept any of the Fabco Filter Cartridge configurations, allowing it to effectively treat any of the major pollutants identified in surface water runoff. The StormBasin is available in both round (23″ – 30″ diameter) and square (24″x24″ and 26″x26″) configurations. Installing the StormBasin takes only a few minutes. Lift the grate cover from the catch basin, place the insert on the frame and replace the cover.
StormBasin catch basin insert is factory-sized and assembled prior to shipment.
StormBasin catch basin insert features:
- Aluminum/ HDPE plastic shroud pre-cut to 24″, 26″, 28″ or 30″ Round; 24″-26″ Square
- Covered bypass has a flow capacity of >920 gpm while retaining previously captured floatables
- Heavy duty injection molded basin has 1.5ft3 capacity
- Replaceable filter cartridges target specific pollutants
- Perfect for commercial properties, roadways and parking lots